Who We Are
We are a female-founded startup with a mission to drive innovation, creativity and access in the geospatial industry through products, platforms and experiences that use maps, geospatial education and technology with the purpose of simplifying and finding creative ways to incorporate “geo/spatial/” into the everyday living.
We are registered in Nigeria and in the United Kingdom.
To be a global champion for geospatial creativity and accessibility.
From curating products to building platforms to how we relate with our customers and one another, we aim to be guided by these values which we will keep revisiting to ensure it still holds true. To:
- Be Simple: How many seconds does it take to ‘get’ it? Our approach is centered on how closely our consumers can identify with the usefulness of the product or service.
- Inspire: Every opportunity should empower the user; we seek to create products that serve as teachable moments, add value and inspire you to learn more.
- Be Innovative: If it doesn’t make you (or us) go ‘OMG’, then, we’re not there yet. Always, find the creative angle!
- Be Authentic: Strong and honest ethics are important to us and it is our desire that, at every touch point, we present our most authentic self.
What We Do
We create products, platforms and experiences that highlight creativity, provide access and education in the geo/spatial/ industry. We are helping more people discover and connect to the industry through the development of lifestyle products, books, games, and training platforms.
Some of our service offerings include:
- Mappy Store: Store showcasing creative gifting and lifestyle products as well as experiences using maps and other forms of geospatial. From map prints for art decoration purposes to stationery items, children books, games etc.
- The GIS girl: A nonprofit set up to provide training and support for girls and women with the objective to promote early awareness and inclusive participation in the geospatial industry. This is in line with achieving the UN SDGs 4 and 5.